Google Impact Challenge Kenya 2018 – The Google Impact Challenge Kenya supports nonprofits and social enterprises with game-changing ideas to create economic opportunity in their communities. Organizations apply with their most innovative proposals. Finalists get access to Google.org funding, mentorship and resources.
Google Impact Challenge Kenya 2018
The Google Impact Challenge Kenya is an open invitation to nonprofits, social enterprises and businesses in Kenya to share their vision for innovative ways to make our community stronger and create social impact, with a specific focus on increasing economic opportunity. We call on the public to vote from among 12 selected finalists for the project they believe will have the greatest potential for impact in the community. Winning organizations receive grant funding and Google training to help turn their ideas into reality.
All 12 finalists are invited to pitch their ideas to our panel of Judges at a final event. The Judges will select three Challenge winners from these finalists, and also announce the people’s choice winner.
- Each of the four winners will receive a $250,000 grant and training from Google. The remaining 8 finalists will receive a $125,000 grant.
- Open only to nonprofit or business organizations with a legal registration in Kenya
- Organizations apply with their most innovative proposals to create economic opportunity in Kenya
The proposals will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Community Impact: Does the proposed project create economic opportunity in Kenya? Does it improve the lives of people in Kenya?
- Innovation: Does the project present unexpected solutions to unmet needs?
- Reach: Does it have the potential to scale directly or to serve as a model for other communities? Will its scope grow over time?
- Feasibility: Is the project plan (or business plan) well thought-out, and the team well-equipped to execute on it?
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: July 4, 2018